Saturday, April 10, 2010

create: sewing table update

browsing through Anthropologie, I have fallen in love with their use of letters and numbers in home decor.... I have seen several DIY copycat ideas online using numbers, bingo boards, etc.... but when I came across an antique sewing cabinet left on the curb by one of our neighbors, I was inspired to try something new, yet inspired by these Anthro finds.....
anthro chest of drawers, $998 (yikes!) and monogrammed mugs, $6 (a little more reasonable!)
I had picked up a pack of Martha Stewart Scrapbooking Alphabet transfers from Michael's a few days prior.... $1.99 on clearance, I couldnt resist! Im not much of a scrapbooker, but I knew they would come in handy somehow...
Enter: curbside sewing table....as soon as we picked it up, i knew that I could use my Martha Stewart rub-on transfers to transform this discarded old sewing table into something Anthro-Whitney chic :-) here is a close-up of the lettering:
I simply eyeballed the placement, rubbed on the letters with a popsicle stick, and its done! If I wanted super staying power, i could spray on a clear sealer....but since this is on the front of drawers, its not a "high traffic area" i left it as it is :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment