Sunday, April 18, 2010

create: ribbon camera strap

so just yesterday, i got a belated graduation gift in the mail from my wonderfully generous parents.....a new camera! Until now, I have been using a little FujiFilm pocket camera, struggling to produce pictures decent enough to post on here...

heres a shot of me and my new camera....it looks like i am smelling it, but i thought i would post (mostly because i was having a good curl day!)
if you notice, my camera strap isnt the traditional Canon one that comes in the case....while I am waiting on my memory card to arrive, i thought i would tackle a DIY project that i see on crafty blogs/etsy a lot....a homemade camera strap....
most tutorials that you see are for strap COVERS, but i had this adorable measuring tape ribbon that i wanted to use, so i made my own strap, stealing the little black hardware from the original strap that came with the camera....
i simply hot glued a piece of measuring tape ribbon and a yummy yellow ribbon to each other (creating stiffness to hold the weight of the camera)....then i threaded it through the original hardware, and that was it! I did have to taper cut the edges of the ribbon to get them through the little hardware...
so as soon as i get my memory card, you will (hopefully) start seeing more quality pics on create.love.grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment