Wednesday, June 2, 2010

grow: we are finally moved!

so i has been a full TWO WEEKS since I have blogged....and the more time that passes, the less motivated I am to post....does that make sense?

heres an update on us: we had a very drawn-out move over a two week time span....but we can now say that we OFFICIALLY live in STL....goodbye suburban chicago.....hello southern midwest...

so heres a quick pic that I snapped as we were closing the door for the last time on our old place....
and during our 5 hour trip down to STL, we first encountered an ugly rainstorm, followed by this lovely symbol of promise....a rainbow...and not your typical rainbow which is merely a colorful strip beginning in one cloud and ending in another...no, we were able to see the beginning and end...like it was coming up out of a cornfield...so lovely :-)
we stopped half way and spent the night with family....here is our UHAUL monster parked in their driveway....
and the inside of said monster....
then the UHAUL monster's contents became magically stacked in the center of our new living room...
in this photo, you may notice the blue tape....husband is spending this week at home, painting our walls a lovely mix of gingerbread and burlap....yum! but even with painting, we set up our dining table first thing....partially because it was a hand-me-down gift from family, and partially because I had been itching to find a table to match my salvation army revamped chairs....the colors make me so happy!
so i promise, my next post will not be two weeks away...i am so glad to be back in the swing of things....finally out of that transitional phase of life that makes me crazy.....i have so much to share...projects I am working on...etc....check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment