Sunday, March 28, 2010

create: button earrings

so as of lately, i have been OBSESSED with buttons...
and this weekend, while ben and laura were visiting, we found a flower shop called A New Leaf on Wells St in Old Town, Chicago...well, this wasnt just any flower shop...


while the upstairs was covered in potted plants and freshly cut stems, there lurked a basement below filled with wonderful ribbons, candles, and most importantly.... BUTTONS!
I picked up these beautiful buttons:
which inspired me to create some cute, quick, and easy button earrings!

my tools were simple... buttons, of course, my trusty glue gun, and a pair of Dustin's pliers (perfect for twisting off the back of any button!) I found earring posts super cheap at my Hobby Lobby. Here are my button earrings drying...

the steps are pretty self explanatory: twist off any backing/loop/etc....put a dab of hot glue on your earring post... center on button (or, in the case of larger buttons, center towards the top so the earring sits appropriately on the ear lobe...test out your placement in a mirror, if needed), and let it dry! and here are my finished button earrings! the buttons from A New Leaf are the front three snazzy ones... the large blue ones I just couldnt resist! And I thought the fuzzy blue ones and plaid were just adorable! The rest are simple buttons that I found in my craft bin at home...


1 comment: