Monday, March 15, 2010

create: book page wreath



so my mom picked up some old book pages for me, aged and torn, all wrapped up in twine. I was eager to incorporate the aged text into a craft project, and I was SORELY disappointed when I realized that only the front and back pages were legitimately old and aged. The filler pages were none other than chapters torn from a Danielle Steele romance novel. DISAPPOINTING.


S0 I had this stack of twine-wrapped smut sitting in my house for a few weeks until i came across a tutorial on "Living with Lindsay" appropriately titled "Librarians, Please Avert Your Eyes". Here is the link.
I followed her tutorial to create my own version of her craft-vendor knock off book page wreath. And I LOVE it! What a great use for a disassembled romance novel! And if you look very closely, you may still be able to read some of the steamy parts :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment